Many a people from all corners of the world pay their visit to catch a sight of the colossal statue. The Vindhyachal hills and Satpura nearby are no less fascinating. If you are planning a tour to Gujarat, the Statue of Unity should be a must on your list. There are a few things for you to know before visiting the statue.
- The statue is open to public from 9 in the morning to 5pm in the evening. The place is closed on Mondays every week.
- A luxurious accommodation has been made by Gujarat government to attract more tourists.
- The accommodations have two packages only – 1 night and 2 days and the other one is for 2 nights and 3 days.
- There are various other nearby tourist spots as well. Like the magnificent Rajvant Palace and the beautiful Shoolpaneshwar Temple.
- There is also a selfie-point where visitors can click snaps with the statue in the background.
- Within the complex, there are several attractions like museum, audio-visual gallery, sound and light show, exhibition centre, valley of flowers and so on.
- The tickets will cost you Rs 350 for adults and Rs 200 for children. But if you want to beat the queue and book tickets online then the charge is Rs 1000 per visitor.
- In order to bring in more tourists (both national and overseas), Gujarat government is on their move to build an airport in the town of Rajpipla.
- Indian Railways is also on the move to build a railway station at Kevadia (the nearest village to the statue) that connects all the major cities of the state.